Friday, April 30, 2010

OG

At some point, a few months ago, Isis started calling me "OG." I can't remember why.

Urban Dictionary defines "OG" as: An OG is normally a member of a gang Who has been around for some time and has put in a large amount of work e.g. Killing enemy gang members. Therefore he is considered a more respected/ higher class member in the gang.

Isis came down the hill last week, and the "OG" nickname is catching on. Pretty much everyone thinks it's hilarious; but it is also lending me quite a bit of cred.

Yesterday morning I was feelin' very saldy 'cause I couldn't find my grade sheet. The grade sheet is critical 'cause it's turned in at the end of the month and entered into the computer, sent to the State Board and loans, financial aid, graduation and licensing exam date hang on it. I couldn't find mine in the file with the other day students, or the night students' file. That combined with recently having "lost" a mannique head, a blow dryer, and two foiling combs was making me pretty pissed.

Isis came in about 11:00 -- "How you doin' OG?"
"I'm having a bad day and feeling saldy 'cause my grade sheet has disapperd. So now in addition to my mannique head, foiling combs and blow dryer I have no grade sheet."
"You think someone took it?"
"I don't know, maybe, but it's pissing me off."

"Well that's the problem with being an OG; people gonna steel your shit to prove something. You gonna have to kill someone. You know; to make an example."

"With my luck it'll be someone I like and I won't be able to do it."

"Yeah, that happens."

Five minutes later my grade sheet was found in the other night student pile. So luckily I don't have to kill someone.


2 comments:

Lyndsey said...

For some bizarre reason this post makes me want to sing "You down with OPG? Yea you know me!" Not sure why...maybe my inner gangsta?

Michele Hush said...

Whew! Close call.